[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 35mm Cameras

  • From: Hauke Fath <hauke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:18:57 +0100

At 20:28 Uhr -0500 9.11.2009, Eric Goldstein wrote:
>I assume from the portion that deals with infinity focus that this
>comment was intended to deal with the lack of a rangefinder on these
>cameras. As I previously posted, it is trivial and dirty cheap to add
>a good aux rangefinder to the access shoe of a 35 and calibrate it to
>your camera, so this old saw really doesn't hold up...

Which probably about doubles the size of the camera (where do you put it?
The accessory shoe is on the bottom, after all...). I could pick any 70s
Canympus or Minoika rangefinder instead, and it would be smaller.

Maybe it is due to the fact that I mostly worked with SLRs all my life, but
I find it hard to estimate 2.5m +- 5 cm correctly without a meter. If I had
to get a 35 again, I'd go with the Tessar.

        hauke