[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 35mm Cameras

At 02:02 PM 11/9/2009, Hauke Fath wrote:

>While you can do that (like you can with a Contax II), it degrades the
>camera to a mere film holder, and is awkward (I imagine) compared to any
>SLR.

This makes no sense. I do not "degrade" a Contax II by taking pictures with it. I am using a fine instrument for its intended purpose.

>Amazing... although I can relate. You must have been lucky, picking a
>reliable SL35E, though.

I have owned seven of them. All worked flawlessly. Never had a problem with a one of them. And their reputation for reliability is rather high.

>That experience still lies ahead of me, but after a holiday trip with a
>Kiev 4a, I can well imagine.

A Kiev 4a will be a fine tool for use in Jazz bars.  Go for it!

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!