[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Retro 100/Agfa 100 - problems

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:49:54 -0400

> A digital photo that is dark can be lightened with the touch of a
> button, something that is difficult to achieve with film.  I never
> said this involved creating an image where there is no image there.

I treat digital exposing the same as slides or transparences.
I carefully place the highlights being careful not to let them be too light.
And let the shadows go as dark as they're going to go;
As they can be most often lightened later to taste.
While lost highlights are as with film; lost.

Its my understanding though that when one shoots medium format digital this
is not the case. Highlights are recoverable and preferable to dealing with
shadows later. If that's the case I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Mark William Rabiner