[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Retro 100/Agfa 100 - problems

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:11:05 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thor Legvold" <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:56 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rollei Retro 100/Agfa 100 - problems

Edge markings are very weak, if visible at all. I had to squint to see that it was Rollei Retro in the first place.

Meaning incorrect (too little) development?

Thor

It probably means just that. You would have to prove it by developing a roll yourself so you know how it was done. Kodak, Ilford, Agfa, controlled the exposure of the edge markings quite carefully so they are a reliable measure of development. I don't know about Bergger or even who makes the stuff now. A properly developed roll would tell if the edge markings come up dark gray or black as they should.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA