[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Retro 100/Agfa 100 - problems

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 23:59:12 -0300

I have used Kodak CN few times in my life and I think it's a very good
film for 35mm due to lack of grain and for its notable latitude, it's
a very forgiving flm for exposure errors.
I slightly disagree with you Elias, in general it's necessary to think
in black and white for a B&W shot and in color for a color shot,
sometimes light and subject could be good for both modes, but most
times the way to think the photograph for color or B&W is pretty
different. OK, you can use a color film thinking it will be a B&W
image but it sounds no natural in your mind, at least in my mind, it
requires an extra effort and with color film you tend to want a color
print and then I think B&W chromegenic C-41 film is still a valid
option if you don't want or you can't develop true B&W film and you
wish a B&W print.
Carlos