[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Retro 100/Agfa 100 - problems

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 18:00:07 -0500

> It's still a dye layer of some sort in the XP1/XP2 and in theory,
> could be subject to fading over a long period of time.  I would not
> expect it to be as archival as regular black-and-white film.
> ---

I agree it would not be.
But at least in our lifetime and half the next I think the stuff is  good to
go.
I mix up developers from scratch I have my own formals and use classic ones
which are not commercially made ( you have to mix it up yourself, like
Beutlers) but the results I've gotten from Xp2 become embarrassingly good.

I once did a studio glamour shoot with Agfapan 25 in Rodinal 1:75.
I thought it would be a very simple head shot but the model had all kinds of
stuff in mind and I shot my two rolls of film she was just warming up.

The only stuff I had laying around was half a brick of xp2 which had been
sitting in the drawer for months.

The fiber prints I made from both films I marked on the back as I could not
tell them apart otherwise. And I was using a loupe.

Mark William Rabiner