[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35S, SE

  • From: David Dodge <dannysoar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 17:05:06 -0400

I would think that a screw mount Leica would be better than the M series for this kind of thing.

I do not own a SML but I do own an M2 and a Zorki 1( a copy of the Leica II) The Zorki is much more portable than the M2, I use it with a Russian collapsible lens. While I don't think it would fit in a shirt pocket. But it does fit, albeit not with grace, in my back pocket. It takes good pictures if you can live with a lagging shutter. It cost about $50. With either Leica you get a rangefinder but no meter..
David

marvin0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I always disliked the shirt pocket adage to the camera, and that's why I
mentioned practically for all intents and purposes its as easy to travel with
an M3 for example.
The M3 is a little bigger and heavier not so much that you would notice the
average man that is, howerver, the advantages of a M3 far out wieght the
negatives in comparison to a Rollei 35.
I would love to be proven wrong by viewing good portaits or documentary taken
with a 35.
Marvin.
Sent via BlackBerry® from 3

From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 08:02:00 To:rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gee Marv, you just did the equivalent of walking
into a biker bar shouting something about those dumb noisy two wheelers you have to run over all the time.

E.

On Oct 1, 2007, at 7:46 AM, marvin0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

I will concede that several people insist they are
as accurate with
the zone focus on a Rollei 35 as most are with RF
on other cameras,
something I am not and which obviously clouds my
view of the 35
with its limiting zone focus
In order to answer your question Mark Rabner there
would be Little
point in me discussing the merits of the 35 if I
had not tried one.
Regards,
Marvin.
Sent via BlackBerry® from 3