[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35S, SE

  • From: "Robert Lilley" <54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 08:43:20 -0400

I have been following this thread with interest.  I know very little about
the Rollei 35.  I purchased a B 35 at a camera show about a year ago for my
wife.  She knows nothing of cameras but thought it was "cute".  In any event
she and I have never used it.  I think it has a selenium match needle light
meter and a Zeiss 3.5/40 Triotar lens.  A small third party range finder
came with it and rides in the accessory shoe on the bottom of the camera.
The back of the camera sports a Honeywell label so it must be from that era.

What is the difference between this camera and the S, SE?  I assume it is an
earlier model and doesn't have the automated features.  Does it stand up
quality wise?  I have left the lens out of the body because I do remember
the seller told me something about cocking the camera which I have
forgotten.

Rob