[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35S, SE

  • From: "Robert Meier" <robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 22:50:59 -0500 (CDT)

Carlos,

I agree with you entirely -- I also like using the Rollei much more than the Contax T. I was just commenting on the comparative sizes. If you take a ruler and measure your Rollei 35, you will see that Rollei's depth measurement of 32mm is only for the body itself, and not for the protruding lens and aperture and shutter speed dials. And the 60mm height measurement does not include the controls on the top or the bottom of the camera. The figures Rollei has published are not honest figures (rather like the US government's cost of living figures, but that's another subject). As far as pockets go, my 35S fits in my pants pocket and my jacket pocket easily. I never carry it in my shirt pocket.

Bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carlos Manuel Freaza" <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>