From: rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robert Meier
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 9:00 AM
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35S, SE

Automated features?   That's rich!   The Rolleis are 3M cameras -- metal,
manual, and mechanical.   Although they do have a plastic part here or
there.   The B35 is the same as the 35 and the 35S except for the different
lens and lightmeter that you mentioned, and more restricted slow shutter
speeds -- 1/30 is the slowest.   I used a B35 back in the 70's and got
really good results from it.  I bought a black B35 last year and have used
it sparingly, but it too takes excellent pictures.  The Triotar is a three
element lens and so is best stopped down 1 or 2 stops (what lens isn't?).
The layout of the shutter speed and aperture controls are more conventional,

being around the lens rather than on separate dials on either side of the
lens.   And the viewfinder is also more conventionally located near the
center rather than at the left corner.   It even has a regular frame counter

on the top deck!  Bob