[rollei_list] Re: Print Exchange

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 12:23:41 -0400

Hi Daniel,

> Epson got the US to outlaw third-party cartridges and that made my
> printer bit the dust.

I can get 3rd party cartridges for my three Epson printers.  They are a few
years old at best (1280 being the newest).  I'm not sure it's the cartridge
that could be banned, but perhaps the electronics on the cartridge that they
use to count the number of droplets used.  I do remember some huffing and
puffing about that a number of years ago...but I hadn't heard it was
determined by the courts that this could stand.

Regards,

Austin