[rollei_list] Re: OT / prove it !

  • From: Ardeshir Mehta <ardeshir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 01:15:06 -0500

On Thursday, March 31, 2005, at 03:15  PM, Marc James Small wrote:

> [...] zooms are perfectly acceptable for average-quality prints of a
> limited size: I have one on my Rollei d41com, for instance, but I have
> never tried to get a print larger than about 16" by 20" [...]

Well, that's about the limit for a 35 mm enlargement anyway, even one
taken with a prime lens. Or isn't it?

I for one limit my 35 mm enlargements to 12 x 18 inches, max, unless I
absolutely WANT to show off the grain in a cropped portion of the
negative (as I do sometimes in B&W portraits.). Anything intended to be
enlarged bigger than that, I shoot with medium or large format.

Cheers.