[rollei_list] Re: OT / prove it !

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:46:05 -0800

No Austin, I think Leica and Canon are the only two. Nikon cannot as
the mount is too small to accomodate anything larger than a 1.4 (Bob
knows this better than I). Minolta mever made a 1.0 due to lack of
market demands. But I guess if I said there "are" 50mm F1 Lenses for
SLRs, you could interpret that as Canon making more than just one 50mm
F1.0L. :-)

Peter K

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:05:21 -0500, Austin Franklin <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> w=
rote:
> Hi Peter,
>=20
> > >
> > > There are?  Who makes them?  Canon doesn't list any 50/1.0 in
> > their EF line
> > > on their web site.  I have a number of 1.2s, but never seen a 1.0 for=
 an
> > > SLR.
> >
> > Austin, you should have been a lawyer. Canon made a 50mm F1L but
> > it is disco'd.
> > I did not say still in manufacture, I specified that there are 50mm F1
> > for SLRs. There is a difference.
>=20
> Well, technically you did say "lenses", and the Canon is only one...thoug=
h I
> am sure they produced more than simply one example...but are there any ot=
her
> f1.0 SLR lenses, aside from that one by Canon?
>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> Austin