[rollei_list] Re: OFF-TOPIC - Bicycles

  • From: jon.stanton@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 20:09:54 +0000

When I lived in San Jose I would on Sunday mornings head for the Farmers Market
in Los Gatos....There was always a sizeable crowd of bicyclists outside the
local coffee bistro...I'll bet anyone of those bikes cost more than the last 4
automobiles (collectively) I have owned...titanium frames, custom painted and
the guys dressed in panty hose or some silly outfit....with their spiked
shoes...
My Schwinn which I rode and delivered newspapers on for 8 years in all kinds of
weather probably weighed 60lbs. I think these guys are the younger siblings of
the "Urban Cowboy" crowd...with their $300 Stetsons and $700 Luchesi boots
..... (Am I self rightous or what? Sitting here with a 50 yr old Rollei...and a
45yr old Leica!) Sigh!