[rollei_list] Re: OFF-TOPIC - Bicycles

  • From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 21:41:42 -0400

Ah yes, add Klein to the list of bikes Trek bought up.

Doug

On Jun 8, 2006, at 9:39 PM, Douglas Nygren wrote:

Trek bought a number of mountain bike companies (Bontrager, Gary Fischer come to mind), but I don't think it bought Ritchey.

Speaking of mountain bikes, I find it ironic that the company with the most mountainbike-like bike, namely Schwinn, was not a major player in its development. Go figure.

Doug

On Jun 8, 2006, at 6:13 PM, siufai@xxxxxx wrote:

You should probably include Tom Ritchey in the mix with Klein and
Fischer...His welded frames were flawless...works of art...really...

The Ritchey were indeed also one of the pioneers in the mountainbikes and made
very light and well finished bikes. But I don't think Trek bought Ritchey, or
have I missed something?

Siu Fai

--- Rollei List

--- Rollei List