[rollei_list] Re: silliness

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 12:45:35 -0700

Interesting story Peter. I like both but prefer Chopin. Easier on the ears.

On 6/7/06, Peter J Nebergall <iusar4s@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

The Planar-Xenotar argument reminds me of the great rivalry between Liszt and Chopin. Folks were constantly and noisily debating their merits, and a tesrt was resolved. As I remember the story, a black curtain was hung between the piano and the audience. First each man played his own material, then, out of sight, each man tried to fool the audience into thinking the other was playing... In fact, Liszt did fool the audience into thinking he was Chopin -- but Chopin could not fool anyone into thinking he was Liszt (except in the Cockney sense!)

Now -- can anyone tell the difference between the pictures, just looking
at the pictures?
otherwise its close to a "difference that makes no difference..."

Can anyone fool you into thinking its one when it was the other?

I like my old Xenons and Xenars... esp for B&W -- but I don't have a
planar...

Because, just as "there's only one beautiful child, and every mother has
it,"  people will sing the praises of their own lens...

Hey, I even have a soviet-era "zenitar" which appears to be a CZ J
Pancolar in a macro mount...'

PJ Nebergall

Peter K
Ó¿Õ¬