[real-eyes] Re: external sound card

  • From: "Jim Ellsworth" <jellsworth1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 07:29:04 -0400

Suzanne,

It may be possible to set the volume independently for each sound card by
going to the control panel and open sounds and audio and then control tab to
the voices tab.  There you will find a list of all of your sound cards.
Navigate to the one you want to adjust and then tab to the device volume
button.  I think you will find what you need there to adjust the volume for
each sound card.  If you continue to have trouble let me know.  I managed to
do this for a Logitech Music Anywhere device which transmits audio to our
stereo in the living room.  The Logictech device is really a USB sound card.
With it I am able to keep JAWS on the computer and completely control where
I want the music to go.  All the music comes out of the stereo in the living
room and JAWS as well as system sounds are on the computer.  After I got it
all set up and working the volume on the stereo was quite low and it was
necessary for me to go out there and turn it up with the volume control on
the stereo.  I found that going where I dewscribed above allowed me to raise
the volume to a louder level.  You may need to adjust the volumes for both
cards to get them where you want them.

Thanks,
Jim