[real-eyes] Re: external sound card

  • From: "Suzanne" <suzyq69@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 09:47:36 -0500

I will try that also, but what I am wanting is to be able to adjust each
with its own dial at any given moment.  As a medical transcriptionist I am
now also editing speech recognized text and some dictation sound quality is
poor and/or low volume and when I turn it up I don't want Jaws to go with
it.  The reverse is just as important too.  I am more productive if I can
hear both Jaws and the dictation at a level that allows me to keep reading
text while listening to dictation rather than listening a little, reading
and editing a little, listening, reading, etc.  This really slows me down.
On the occasions where the dictation happens to be just rightfor me, Jaws
slightly softer than dictation, I can really speed through it so trying to
create that for all dictation.  I get paid 20% less for those jobs that are
edited rather than transcribed, as it is supposed to be 20-25% faster but I
just haven't been able to get any faster than when transcribing.
Suzanne R

This email scanned for Viruses and Spam by ZCloud.net