[pythian] Re: Physics Library

  • From: Mike Dude <at_the_drive-in@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 22:47:19 -0500 (CDT)

Wow. It sounds really cool...  I can think of a few things we can use it for,
but since I know nothing about programming some of them might not even be
handled by this Tokamak program... thing.

1. Arrows/crossbow bolts (going along with Bernard's idea) could be used to
knock things down, cups could be knocked off tables, lanterns can be shot
down.. there's tons of things that be knocked over just to add a bit more
interactiveness to the enviroments. AKA, knocking things over just because you
can, is always fun.

2. Oh my.. destructable buildings. I cant remember which game has that GeoMod
(or something -mod), but this sounds like it would allow us to basically make
everything destructable (unless I misunderstood the part about allowing models
to break into pieces). Even if we can't have it so powerful spells can wipe out
an entire building, we can make destroyable barrels, bridges, perhaps even
tree's can be chopped down, and stay down forever.

3. Leaves falling off tree's.
4. Boulders falling down cliffs, as in boulders wont just be static pieces of
scenery, but they will actually act like boulders would with proper weight and
physics.

And a question..

1. What will this "physics library" allow us to do exactly that we couldnt do
before?

-Mike