[pythian] Re: Physics Library

  • From: Bernard Osmond <Bernard.Osmond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 13:45:09 +1000

hey,

> Anyway, it's really good.  Anyone want to look into it?  Even
> better, any of
> you designers want to figure out what we could use it for?  ;)

  solid dead bodies ( so we can get cool deaths Raven Shield - style
instead of the current shit ones ), and for the arena demo / fighting in
our game we can get realistic effects. We might also be able to use it
for booby traps and things like that ( if anyone ever watched the
technology demos for the havok 2 physics engine ( to be seen in HL2 )
specifically the warehouse movie will know the kind of stuff i'm
thinking of here ). Also it might be good for things like "if a crossbow
bolt hits a barrel, the barrel might be knocked over" wich may in turn
block off an exit for guards who are following you.

  the possibilites are endlessley cool ! i say that we should implement it !

  - n30n
    [ http://n30n.amok.dk/ ]