[pure-silver] Re: under-developed?

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 18:44:27 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Janet Cull" <jcull@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2007 5:51 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: under-developed?

Yes, it's 35mm.

I just processed the film and agitated a bit more than before. I also did the unthinkable; I was afraid I'd diluted the developer too much, so between times of agitation I took the top off the canister and added part of a capful of hc110 stock, then turned a bit of water - just a tiny shot, and agitated it. As I did it I imagined other darkroom people would know I was doing something awful, but I did it. I don't see anything wrong with the film. Actually, it looks a bit better than the last though it's still drying so not printed yet.

The thing I don't like about the hc110 is measuring it. I know that's one of the things others like, but I don't. It's back to d76 for me!

Thanks again, Richard!

Janet

I've seen a number of recommended ways to handle the concentrate but havn't personally tried any. It IS possible to mix some HC-110 into a stronger stock solution which can be diluted say 1 to 4 or something that does not require the use of an eye dropper. According to Kodak D-76 stock should last about six months but my experience is that it will last very much longer.

I used my Enigma machine (cost 50 Wheaties box tops plus postage and handling from Moline Ill.) to decode a message from the darkroom police (I have spys everywhere). They were going to raid you for "exagerated misbehaviour with developer" but decided to watch something on Fox TV instead. Had they not you would have been featured on _America's Most Wanted_.

---