[pure-silver] Re: having digital negatives made

  • From: "Eric Neilsen Photography" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 11:57:25 -0600

No, it is not the scan but LVT uses file made in RGB. Your lab can convert
for you if you send a grayscale file. But it depends on lab, so check with
whom ever you use what they want there files in.

Scanning in RGB can be a better workflow but it is not always the answer.
Film type, scanner, scanning software, and most important HOW you use the
scanner and software, will determine much of that. You can ask all sorts of
people and get all sorts of workflows. It is best IMHO to run test on YOUR
equipment and determine what works best for you based on the accumulated
knowledge and advice the specifically relates to your equipment and not some
other type of scanner or software. Don't forget that just like the old
camera camps, Nikon vs Canon vs Leica, etc. there are some bias built in as
well. : )

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9