[pure-silver] Re: RC to FB

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:36:10 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "DarkroomMagic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "PureSilverNew" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2004 9:40 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: RC to FB

> You don't need an archival washer. They are no more
> archival than tray
> washing anyway. They are just a great convenience if you
> need to wash
> multiple prints.
>

> Regards
>

> Ralph W. Lambrecht

   I certainly agree. Tray washing using a tray syphon is
quite effective and changes water faster than most
"archival" washers. The main problem is keeping multiple
prints separated. Fill and dump using trays also works
perfectly well.
   I have an old Zone VI 16x20 washer. I've measured its
water changing time. Its too long unless I put the thing in
the bathtub and let it overflow. I do use it because it
works for multiple prints but I also dump it occasionally
and operate it as above in the bathtub. I am sure there are
better washers.

---