[pure-silver] Re: Oriental Seagull Papers

  • From: Bill Stephenson <photographica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 17:45:05 -0400

I can't let that go without throwing in a word of praise for one of my all-time long-deceased favorites, Kodak's Opal - especially Opal V, with its dead-matte surface. Opal C was the best paper I ever found for redheads - the skin and hair glowed softly. Sigh.....

-Bill

On Sep 17, 2007, at 9:05 AM, BOB KISS wrote:

DEAR PETER,
        All agreed.  I have used Oriental since 1993 and definitely noticed
the difference after its reincarnation. It is STILL a great paper, though not as amazing as before. My point stands; there have always been and still are great fine art photo papers most IMHO better than anything Kodak ever
marketed except, perhaps, Medalist.
                CHEERS!
                        BOB