[pure-silver] Re: Kodak vs Ilford

  • From: Shannon Stoney <shannonstoney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:39:42 -0500

I love FP4+ and HP5+, although I shoot Tri-X in sheet film because I did all my testing a long time ago with that film. I use Ilford films when I use roll film. My all purpose developer is ddx.

I don't like Delta 3200 at all. It's way too grainy. I tried it for a while in Holga cameras so I could shoot in low light situations, but it didn't work out. Maybe Delta 100 and 400 are ok though. I've had the same problem with Tmax that other people cited.

--shannon

On Mar 19, 2008, at 9:02 AM, KironKid@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 3/19/2008 5:38:20 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, ibrahim.pamuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi,

I have used HP3 and FP4 once upon a time and swiched to Tri-X and Plus-X. Then somewhat used Tmax100 & 400. I always preferred to use Kodak HIE. I was wondering comparison between Tmax and Delta films. Any reccommendation about these? I believe it is hard to prefer after one being use Tri-X and then switch to HP5 for example. Nevertheless it will worth to hear the experience in comparison with Tri-X vs HP5 and Tmax vs Delta?

Regards

Ibrahim Pamuk

   I prefer the Delta films. I always got flat, lifeless negs with T-Max films. I also found the Fuji Neopan and Ilford Delta films to be mush more forgiving in exposure and development. The Neopan 400 film is amazing. It's my favorite 400 speed B/W film. The top image, is a Delta 100 snap. The second one is a Delta 400 snap. The third, is a collection of Koda HIE snaps.

     http://www.flickr.com/photos/38463255@N00/462374054/in/set-72157600084960054/

     http://www.flickr.com/photos/38463255@N00/462374726/in/set-72157600084960054/

Kiron Kid

"If you're photographing in color you show the color of their clothes - if you use black & white, you will show the color of their soul"

<x-tad-smaller>---Ted Grant</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-bigger>Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. </x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>Watch the video on AOL Home</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>.</x-tad-bigger>