[pure-silver] Re: Kodak vs Ilford

  • From: Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 22:26:19 -0700

At 09:27 PM 3/22/2008, you wrote:
Yes, I've been to that site about graflex, I have the GRAFLEX CROWN SPECIAL. I tried to develop that roll of ADOX in RODINAL 1:50 for 10 mnutes at 68deg. F the negatives came out very thin. I may just order ADOX's developer with my next film order, and try again. The only thing broken ont he tripod are the upper stop collars for the legs, two of the three are broken, I have substituted hose clamps for now, but plan on restoring it soon. I am also currently trying to get a replacement pushbutton switch for a CALUMET flash meter from the late 70's early 80's, I cleaned it up, put new batteries in it, and had it working for a couple of days, it even read real well with my vivtar flash meter, then the button broke.

Very briefly, if the negatives are thin but have adequate contrast they are underexposed. Rodinal does not deliver the maximum speed a film is capable of but it should be no more than about 1/2 stop slower than the same film in D-76. If the contrast is LOW and the negs are thin you need more development time, perpaps about 30% to start