[pure-silver] Re: High B+F with DS-10

  • From: "John Black" <jblack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 13:36:58 -0500

> Although a colorless base is best, when projected as a slide the color of
the
> film base is not very distracting.

<big snip>

Many thanks.  On Riuji's council, I purchased Grant Haist's two volume set
of wonderful reference texts (thanks Riuji) and he has a great treatment of
reversal technology in volume II.  He, however, doesn't like permanganate
and says not to use fericyanide. He recommends acid dichromate as bleach.  I
also get the impression that he's not too keen on thiosulfate in the first
developer either.  He essentially says that controlled light reexposure is
best but details how to use chemical fogging also.  Here, of course, he is
coming from a MP perspective using machine processing. I need reagents and
instructions for small tank use (in his defense, he lists these too but as
an afterthought).

Could the members here give me some guidance on links to web sites devoted
to reversal B&W processing.  I am marginally computer literate and get way
too many hits with Google to troll through.

TIA

JB