[pure-silver] Re: High B+F with DS-10

  • From: "John Black" <jblack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 12:15:35 -0500

> The color in the film base whether it is acetate or polyester cannot be
removed.

Bummer.  How does the US company (I forget the process right know) that will
take your exposed B&W film of any kind, make acceptable transparencies from
them if you cannot in some way remove or neutralize some of the base
density?

> MACO produces a film with a colorless base.  Fomapan R (a reversal film)
should also be on a colorless base.

I assume this can be obtained in 35mm?  Some of the Fuji 35mm films are
almost clear base, i.e. Acros and Neopan 1600, they might work.  If I wanted
to do my own reversal processing (B&H has the Kodak kits but won't ship
them, probably because of the dichromate), what would the best film be?
Where could one get lesser quantities of the MP films?

JB