[pure-silver] Re: At long last you can watch Long Live Film

  • From: Bill <billtech@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 17:41:16 -0500

I was going to agree with you about “image” (I do agree that it’s gilding the
snapshot in an attempt to be…arty?) but then I thought i’d look up “image”. The
Oxford English Dictionary says image is:

1a representation of the external form of a person or thing in art.
 a visible impression obtained by a camera, telescope, microscope, or other
device, or displayed on a computer or video screen.

So, based on that, I’d say we make images. My splitting of hairs occurs when I
say that I don’t “take” pictures, I “make” them.

-Bill