[pure-silver] Re: At long last you can watch Long Live Film

  • From: Bill <billtech@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 15:05:33 -0500

I half-agree. I agree that we make pictures, or images, but I do think that we
shoot them. The thing is that “shoot” is only one step in the process. “Fire”
isn’t much good without “Ready..Aim…”, and shoot isn’t much good without
“Meter…Set…Compose…”  Then, after the reaady-meter-set-compose-shoot sequence
comes the
develop-stop-fix-wash-dry-enlarge-crop-expose-develop-stop-fix-wash-dry
sequence. So, for me, “shoot” is a perfect description of 1/125th of a second
of the whole process (with medium speed film and good light).

-Bill