[pure-silver] Re: At long last you can watch Long Live Film

  • From: Ken Sinclair <photo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 10:41:46 -0700

Shooting… shoot…. shot ?????

A long…long time ago, my mentor would give me an NCIS "Gibbsian" slap on the
back
of my head (or beat me with the well worn black velvet-lined bowler had that
doubled
as shutter on the front end of the lens) if I ever used the word "shoot" when
it came
to making an exposure.

He maintained that the majority of good/great photographs were 'made'… NOT
'shot'

To this day I still cringe when I hear those with a camera in their hand (or on
a nice wooden tripod) use that overly-used, sloppy 'expression' when it comes to
making a photograph.

Its almost enough to make an old man weep

Ken