[projectaon] Re: 17tdoi Potential Edits

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 08:44:53 -0800

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 8:19 AM, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Had to mess about to get my build system back working (Cygwin doesn't like
> 64-bit Java, it would seem; it will work, but you have to copy certain files
> over the the lib/ and bin/ directories in the Cygwin installation).

If you have the spare CPU and memory, you may want to try out
installing Ubuntu on a VirtualBox virtual machine (or similar). That's
what I've done for some of my machines.

https://www.virtualbox.org/

> Also, there were just too many changes to make this a footnote--it was much
> bigger than the text of Grand Master's Wisdom, so I took the liberty of
> adapting it to a sub-section of the Errata page. Here's what I came up with:
>
> <http://www.projectaon.org/staff/simon/errata.htm>

Looking good. My suggestions:

Monster -> Enemy

Original Stats -> Original

Mongoose Stats -> Mongoose

COMBAT SKILL -> CS

ENDURANCE -> EP

> See also:
>
> <http://www.projectaon.org/staff/simon/footnotz.htm>

I must be missing the change you made, but I would suggest either
linking directly in the footnote to new Errata section or moving the
new Errata section to be immediately after the Introduction.

Thanks for mocking this up.