[projectaon] Re: 17tdoi Potential Edits

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan.blake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 16:02:26 -0800

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Chris Neilson <crusty.chris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Fundamentally, Im failing to see why a footnote is needed in this case
> at all. What exactly is it that you are planning on saying in the
> footnote that could not be mentioned in the errata?

Part of it is the scope of the changes. They're all over. I suggest a
short footnote that says, "Many enemies in this book have had their
statistics reduced in accordance with the Mongoose Publishing edition
to balance the game which was originally quite challenging. See the
Errata for details." We might even consider creating a special list of
the affected combats on the Errata page to make it easier to find
them.

The argument for having a footnote in every affected section is for
the convenience of a reader who wants to face the challenge of the
original.