[projectaon] Re: 17tdoi Potential Edits

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 17:00:08 +0000

On 10/02/2012 16:44, Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 8:19 AM, Simon Osborne<outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Had to mess about to get my build system back working (Cygwin doesn't like
64-bit Java, it would seem; it will work, but you have to copy certain files
over the the lib/ and bin/ directories in the Cygwin installation).

If you have the spare CPU and memory, you may want to try out
installing Ubuntu on a VirtualBox virtual machine (or similar). That's
what I've done for some of my machines.

https://www.virtualbox.org/

Well, things seem to be working properly /right now/, so I'm loath to tamper with anything...but it's certainly something to keep in mind. Bookmarked.

Also, there were just too many changes to make this a footnote--it was much
bigger than the text of Grand Master's Wisdom, so I took the liberty of
adapting it to a sub-section of the Errata page. Here's what I came up with:

<http://www.projectaon.org/staff/simon/errata.htm>

Looking good. My suggestions:

Simplicity itself! <http://www.projectaon.org/staff/simon/errata-2.htm>

See also:

<http://www.projectaon.org/staff/simon/footnotz.htm>

I must be missing the change you made, but I would suggest either
linking directly in the footnote to new Errata section or moving the
new Errata section to be immediately after the Introduction.

The change is the reduction in the number of footnotes, 40 down to 21. ;-) Compare with: <http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/17tdoi/footnotz.htm>