[projectaon] Re: 17tdoi Potential Edits

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 10:43:23 +0000

On 10/02/2012 19:05, Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Simon Osborne<outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Simplicity itself!<http://www.projectaon.org/staff/simon/errata-2.htm>

Looks great to me. :)

If there are no further comments, I intend to begin "rolling this out" over the GM books over the next few days. Since I have your fairly detailed notes on what footnotes can be scrapped/adapted as errata for Books 13-16, Jon, I can make those changes to relieve you of that burden. I can also standardise things in Books 18-20, thus:

* Make the List of Permissible Special Items the same from Books 13-20 (include Helshezag, Dagger of Vashna, Korlinium Scabbard, and Silver Bracers on the list for each book)

* Use the Mongoose text for Grand Weaponmastery to avoid ambiguity

* Implement the "You may only use one weapon at a time in combat" as Errata rather than a Footnote. Although Mongoose are somewhat hit-and-miss over adding this text, it appears in Books 1-12, and there seems no reason for this to be any different for Books 13+.

See also:

<http://www.projectaon.org/staff/simon/footnotz.htm>

The change is the reduction in the number of footnotes, 40 down to 21. ;-)
Compare with:
<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/17tdoi/footnotz.htm>

Did a bit of research, and lost TWO more footnotes. Implemented the one-weapon-in-combat as Errata. In Section 77 you may only attack Ixiataaga with the Power Spike, so his undeadness is actually irrelevant to the game-play. (Yay, Chris! ;-) )

<http://www.projectaon.org/staff/simon/footnotz.htm>