Re: Freedom Scientific's Lawyers Strike Again

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 21:12:03 +0300

Well, the scope of Freedom Scientific and GW Micro is not to help the blind persons. Their main scope is to make money, and the other objectives like helping the blind are secondary. If they found that they could earn more money in another ways than creating a better program, than they have the power to do it.

Unfortunately the blind persons don't have too much power to protest, because as I understood, many copies of Jaws are sold to the state institutions, and many blind persons that don't buy their own Jaws must accept it.

The law is the one which is bad. The law that allows patents for a too long period of time. But again, the blind persons don't have enough power to fight against patents, and the capitalism impose that who has more money, has more power, and the single choice is to judge by their rules, and obey when losing.

It is not right, but the life is not right for everyone.

Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jared Wright" <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>