Re: Freedom Scientific's Lawyers Strike Again

  • From: "James Panes" <jimpanes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 07:08:19 -0400

Hi Jamal,

Sad to say, I believe that the only clear winners in this law suit are the
lawyers.

It would appear that the purpose of this lawsuit is not to protect FS
interests, but to suppress fair competition. It's not about the place marker
patent, it's about trying to stop the release of another screen reader that
has scripting capabilities.

My opinion on the matter is that FS better get off their collective buts and
fix the problems with their own product rather than trying to eliminate the
competition.

I hope that FS monitors this group because they have lots of their customers
really upset with this kind of attitude.
Regards,

Jim
jimpanes@xxxxxxxxx
jimpanes@xxxxxxxxxxxx