Re: Free TTS engines

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:42:22 +0000

Yeah, same here. I've been using Eloquence for over 10 years, and I'm so used to it that I'm often stubborn to try another TTS. RealSpeak's good, but not as good as Eloquence.

At 03:53 20/12/2007, you wrote:
I have used the AT&T voices and find them to be the best of the TTS voices that I have herd, (well, except for there attempt to make one sound like a Scotsman, ouch! LOL),

I still think that for me the eloquence voice I use is the best, but that's me, and on the "because he is used to it" issue, probably, I know a lot of people that can't make out what jaws and eloquence is saying although it seems perfectly clear to me.

take care,
inthane
. For Blind Programming assistance, Information, Useful Programs, and Links to Jamal Mazrui's Text tutorial packages and Applications, visit me at:
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
. to be able to view a simple programming project in several programming languages, visit the Fruit basket demo site at:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andreas Stefik" <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>