From: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andreas Stefik
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 1:42 AM
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Free TTS engines

Hey folks,

Anyone know a good text to speech engine that will work on mac OSX through
Java? The sound based debugger my research team is building is currently
using the one built into the macintosh platform, which sounds downright
awful. On PC we're using the Microsoft voices, which aren't wonderful, but
aren't too bad. We've tried using FreeTTS as well, but "subjectively" we
don't find those voices to sound very good either. Does anyone know of a
good, preferably free, text to speech engine?

Thanks in advance,

Andreas