EdSharp beta with enhanced LaTeX support

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindmath@xxxxxxxxxx, programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:48:25 -0500 (EST)

I have posted what is essentially a public beta of EdSharp 2.4 at
http://www.EmpowermentZone.com/edsetup.exe

It includes enhanced LaTeX support, thanks to contributions by Alastair
Irving and Robin Williams, whose latex-access project is at
http://latex-access.SourceForge.net
They have been working with me to incorporate its Python and JAWS
scripting code in the EdSharp distribution.

Currently, the most common LaTeX related hot keys are as follows:

F11 = Turn on a mode in which the JAWS SayLine, SayAll, DownArrow, and
UpArrow scripts verbalize math in a more English-friendly manner than the
raw LaTeX syntax.

Shift+F11 = Turn off this mode, so LaTeX is read literally.

Control+F11 = Store a LaTeX matrix defined in selected text.

Control+ArrowKeys = navigate the rows and columns of the stored matrix.

EdSharp now includes about 30 LaTeX snippets.  First, press
Control+Shift+F5 to pick the LaTeX compiler.  Then press Alt+V to invoke a
snippet from the available list.  Press Alt+S to save a new snippet.

Feedback welcome.