Re: Free TTS engines

  • From: "Andreas Stefik" <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 16:34:05 -0800

Peter says:

> I have several of these voices.
> Wonderful sound for reading but to slow for use in a Gui.

I say

You talking about the AT &T ones? Can't you just speed them up? I know
that, on windows at least, there is a slider bar you can adjust. Maybe
you mean something else, though. Might not be true for every OS, or
every voice though. I readily admit I'm not an expert on such things.

Inthane says:

I have used the AT&T voices and find them to be the best of the TTS voices
that I have herd, (well, except for there attempt to make one sound like a
Scotsman, ouch! LOL),

I say

lol, yaa the Scotsman is hilarious. Well, I guess it's a tough
decision on what to get.

Thanks for the thoughts, all.

Andreas