Re: Free TTS engines

  • From: "inthaneelf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 19:53:06 -0800

I have used the AT&T voices and find them to be the best of the TTS voices that I have herd, (well, except for there attempt to make one sound like a Scotsman, ouch! LOL),

I still think that for me the eloquence voice I use is the best, but that's me, and on the "because he is used to it" issue, probably, I know a lot of people that can't make out what jaws and eloquence is saying although it seems perfectly clear to me.

take care,
inthane
. For Blind Programming assistance, Information, Useful Programs, and Links to Jamal Mazrui's Text tutorial packages and Applications, visit me at:
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
. to be able to view a simple programming project in several programming languages, visit the Fruit basket demo site at:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andreas Stefik" <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>