Re: Free TTS engines

  • From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:10:30 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, Andreas Stefik wrote:

Ok. Maybe I am used to it?

Yaa, could be. I could be imagining things too. What do you think
about voices like the AT & T natural voices? I've been thinking about
buying a license to use those, but I'm not sure. They definitely sound
pretty natural, but I don't know for sure if that is actually
desirable for a programming environment for the blind.

Here's a link if you don't know about these voices:

http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

Well I guess you don't need the synth source so ok.
And how would I test them? Aren't they only for windows?
And wouldn't you have problems distributing your project?

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx