[procps] Re: procps changes

  • From: Jan Görig <procps@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 22:51:03 +0200

Thanks. I read that as a; the patch set is not hopeless and may result
to a merge after rigor testing and careful consideration what to do
with lib release number.
It doesn't look hopeless to me.  I'll be interested in Craig's or Jan's
impression.
Just quick answer to this one point of e-mail. I think renaming library libproc-3.2.8 to libproc-ng-3.3.0 is better than to libproc-3.3.0 in all ways. Version change breaks itself all depending programs so adding ng isn't IMHO problem... I don't know other programs using libproc (we had once reporter in Fedora Bugzilla that requires libproc headers packaged but I think this is very rare). Since I am not working in Red Hat anymore I haven't got much time for this but I can review merged code next week.

   Jan