[procps] Re: procps changes

  • From: Jim Warner <james.warner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 09:32:29 -0500

On Sep 29, 2011, at 6:55 AM, Sami Kerola wrote:

> If that's all what is done with defines getting the enable working
> just a few lines change.

Thanks, Sami.

The explanation was not quite correct but I really do appreciate the effort.
The patch below will correctly identify the enable_oomem purpose.

I should mention that it can be used under any flavor of linux, not just suse.
That's why I thought it should be integrated.

>> Other than possibly promoting top from /usr/bin to /bin, I'd say we're ready
>> to go.
>
> Does anyone care, both are in every ones PATH? If I look wiki article
> about files system hierarchy it says:
> and assuming that is (even half) true the correct location for top is
> possibly /usr/bin. If you don't like the path submit a Makefile.am
> patch, maybe it will be approved. Notice that the patch should not
> break HAVE_NCURSES check e.g. you cannot simply move top to a
> bin_PROGRAMS segment where there is kill.

I forgot about the ncurses stuff which would make top's promotion messy.

Regards,

Jim