[procps] Re: procps changes

  • From: Jim Warner <james.warner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 12:03:27 -0500

On Sep 28, 2011, at 10:33 AM, Sami Kerola wrote:

> Hi Jim et.al.
>
> It's consistent now.
>
> None of errors are thrown away, and I changed shell style to match how
> I like to see it. Better?

Hi Sami,

Yes, better on consistency.  But as a "user", the autogen script "feels"
incomplete/wrong when a get a bash error message followed by your error
message.  They both really say the same thing and thus are redundant.

Also, perhaps that script and configure should fail if they're not run from the
user's current directory.  Otherwise the Makefiles and .deps directories get
misplaced after configure thus making a build impossible.

I noticed too that the install directories still carry the 750 permissions.  Do
you feel that they should be 755?

Lastly, would you also consider the small patch below?  Is just properly names
a program and eliminates a 'cd' since that wouldn't survive script end.

Regards,
Jim