-=PCTechTalk=- Re: what is this and why am I receiving it?

  • From: The Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:17:27 -0400

Hi Dave!  As usual, we're working along the same lines <chuckle>
I decided to stop using Mailwasher as I was spending too much time
chasing SPAM.  Due to several issues, I finally gave up the whole mess
and got new E-Mail addresses.  This cut my SPAM from 30-50 per day to
1-2 per month.  I also removed my website (with E-Mail addy on it).
Lastly, at the recommendation of someone on this list, I started using
a temporary e-mail address for most purchases, information sites, etc.
 The temporary address can be found at:

http://jetable.org/

It works wonderfully.  I set it for the maximum time (eight days if
memory serves me right) and and it works seamlessly.  Doing this keeps
my e-mail addy from being spread around.

If I do see the need for a SPAM program, my first decision will be
whether to get a new address..........which isn't all that hard to
handle once a year or two, or use a SPAM program.   From what I've
read, though, should I choose to use a SPAM program, I'd use the
SpamBayes program as well.

  Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",
         ,,,,,,,,
         Ô¿Ô¬
   Cincinnati, Ohio
Scottsdale, Arizona
Monday, 9/29/2003, @ 10:09:53 AM EST

If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. March down there
and turn it on yourself.

HREF="http://spamarrest.com/a?1104945501:240794";>http://spamarrest.com