-=PCTechTalk=- Re: what is this and why am I receiving it?

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 00:11:56 -0500

MailWasher is *not* a proxy service.  SpamAlert is.  Your email is not sent to
another site to be verified.  It simply intercept the headers (and optionally
the messages) at *your own server*.  The addresses can be cross-referenced to
blacklists, but the true power is in using regular expressions filtering to
weed out what you want to bounce.  It works.  I've proven it with three
separate mail addresses.

Without MailWasher I had about 15-35 percent spam rate in my inbox.  Now I get
about one every two months - maybe.  Since I handle about 75 to 100 emails a
day, that's pretty darned good.