-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Please help with .dbx issue

  • From: "GuitarMan" <PCTech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 11:52:02 -0400

Hi Sharon,
    No, I was fast asleep.      LOL

    If the files are on the Desktop, go there and create a folder and call
it something like 'DBX Files'.  Move all of those files into this folder so
they're not tying up the desktop and they're still all in one place.

    If you already have new email in the folders of the same name as the
ones you're looking to Import, my advice is to right click on your Inbox and
create a new subfolder called "Newer Folders".  Next, Move all of the
existing folders into this one to get them out of the way.  This will go a
long way towards preventing any possibility of overwriting the messages they
contain.         :O)

    Next, go ahead and follow my original directions to get your old
messages back.  When you're done, go into each of the folders under this
"Newer Folders" folder (that was tough to type.        lol), select all of
the newer messages in them and move them over to the folders that now
contain the older messages.  Got all that?            8^)

Peace,
G Man

PCTechTalk Owner