-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Please help with .dbx issue

  • From: "Sharon" <loonlake@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 23:54:31 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "GuitarMan" <PCTech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Hi Sharon,
>     This is exactly the kind of info we need to allow us to get specific
in
> our replies.  I'm glad you took the time to type it all out.         :O)
>
>     I see that you placed the old DBX files into their own 'OE Folders'
> folder on your Desktop.  While the info you've sent here is nearly
complete,
> I'd like to make sure I understand everything correctly before proceeding.
>
>     Are the two copies of the one DBX file in the same place or is there
one
> in each of the two identities you mentioned?
-----------------
Yes, one in each. I dragged them there in Explorer.
-----------------
> Also, what is the exact
> location of the DBX files that are currently being used by OE?
-----------------
C:\Documents and Settings\Sharon\Application Data\Identities\{first
 num}\Microsoft\Outlook Express
-----------------
> Can you see
> this location AND the DBX files from within Windows Explorer or is that
the
> other problem (where the folders show up in a search, but not in
Explorer)?
-----------------
Exactly. the folders show up in a search, but not in explorer.
-----------------
>  The DBX files that you manually put into the C:\Documents and
> Settings\Sharon\Application Data\Identities\{first num} folder won't show
up
> inside OE.  This is because OE has to already be expecting this info
before
> it'll even look for it.  We'll get to that as soon as we get past some of
> this other stuff.  In the meantime, remove those files from there.  If
it's
> an exact copy of a file that's sitting in that OE folder on your Desktop,
> you can just delete the one(s) under the {... num} folders.  If the file
is
> unique because it isn't also in another location, move it back into the OE
> folder on your Desktop so we don't lose it.
Done.
> Peace,
> G Man

Back atcha,